This Week at Woodshed - January 4th
What a lovely holiday season it's been, and here we are at the beginning of January!
We have an excellent preorder menu available this week, with many of the deep Winter dishes that we love.
We want to remind everyone that we are closing on January 14th to start our renovation. We are expanding and will reopen in February with a beautiful, larger space and a full kitchen! We are very excited about our expansion but sad that we have to close while we do the work.
Before we close, we are here to help you get all stocked with your favourite dishes. So, this week we will put our soups into plastic one-liter containers that are easy to freeze so you can stock up.
For soups this week, we are making an immune-boosting French onion soup with our 24-hour grass-fed bone broth and organic onions.
We will also serve our Tuscan white bean and kale soup made with kale from our garden, fresh rosemary, organic white beans, and fire-roasted tomatoes.
We will also make our lovely North African-inspired soup with organic chicken stock, chickpeas, lentils, and garden veggies. Additionally, we will have wild Spring salmon chowder and organic chicken soup.
For main course dishes, we have the following available - all are fantastic to tuck into your freezer!
- Gluten-free potato gratin with organic Yukon gold potatoes, organic cream, and aged cheddar.
- Lasagne Bolognese with grass-fed beef and our homemade creamy bechamel sauce.
- Boeuf Bourguignon with grass-fed beef, wine, and herbs that is both dairy-free and gluten-free.
- Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with French Le Puy lentils, organic veggies, and olive oil mashed potatoes that is gluten-free and vegan.
- Shepherd's pie with grass-fed beef.
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagne with our handmade ricotta.
- Guy's incredible moussaka with grass-fed beef.
This week we are also featuring our organic chicken dishes, all vacuum-packed and ready to bake at home. These are the same serving size as the ones we sell at the shop and generally feed 2-3 people. These dishes just need to be transferred from the vacuum-sealed bag into a baking dish and baked at 375 degrees for about an hour.
We are featuring the following chicken dishes:
- Chicken Marbella with Wine, plums, and olives.
- Za'atar Chicken with housemade Za'atar, local harvest lemons, wildflower honey, and thinly sliced onion.
- Chicken Puttanesca with anchovies, olives, tomato, and capers.
- Half of an organic chicken with our smoked paprika honey butter.
For dessert preorders this week, we are putting our pumpkin pies back on the menu. We've had so many requests, so here they are!
Also available are our weekend chocolate cakes with chocolate ganache, our citrus olive oil cakes, and a batch of apple cinnamon walnut butter cakes with a crumble topping.
We look forward to seeing you in the shop this week, and a reminder that next week will be our last before we close to start our reno!
Wishing you all a joy-filled Happy New Year!
xo Haidee and the Woodshed Team